Assignment - 10 An article on Teaching career advancement under WORK FROM HOME


AN ARTICLE ON MY TEACHING CAREER ADVANCEMENT UNDER WORK FROM HOME
     The world is facing a state of anxiety of covid-19. As a teacher I am also experiencing the condition of Covid -19. The government has allowed me to improve my professional skills under work from home. Because of this pandemic disease schools are not open. During this period I am doing some work from home to enhance my professional skills. First I am writing lesson plans of selected lessons. I am also preparing the TLM in accordance with the chapter. Under work from home is facilitated the creation of new types of teaching learning materials. These are all helpful for students learning. Learning materials are very important because we are teaching new age students and it becomes significant for teachers to be flexible and find new ways to improve their teaching quality. Teachers should apply a new manner of teaching that helps them to be more effective in the classroom and understands the information to students in a better way.
With this intention I myself prepare to indulge these type of activities. First of all as a English teacher I think myself, what are the new ways or methods to teach/ learn English language? In this regard we should learn about sounds of English. Therefore I keep watching videos about phonetics. And I try to simplify the things for students to understand better. It’s a basic thing to learn English language.
In language learning process we have seen four components likely to say LSRW. If we practice or adopt these components while language learning process, we can improve the language easily. In this manner I listen to English news channel every day. This makes it easier for me to learn English all day. It is also helpful to correct my pronunciation. In the same way I listen to short stories in English. The language can be easily learned by listening repeatedly. Therefore listening is one of the important tool for language learning.
For speaking purpose I used to watch some movies in English, the movies which are Indian accent. In the same way I practice to deliver some dialogues. Because its helps me to teach drama in the classroom. In the same way I also practice some basic English conversations and I get an idea to teach conversations in a better way. First of all regression in students should be avoided when practicing to speak English. By this thing students are unable to speak confidently. Sometimes I can’t speak fluently. Therefore by these activities I am improving myself and hopeful for better teaching.
Another significant component is Reading. . It is also one of the major component in language learning process. Reading is a good habit for man. Reading can enhance our knowledge. I read English news papers daily. And I read short stories , articles, life stories etc. Totally I love reading.
Writing is also one of the important component. For improve my writing skill I used to practice letter writing. I am practicing to write different variety of letters like personal letters, business letters etc. Letter writing is an art and constant practice is only the way to obtain this art.
Therefore under work from home I have been practicing all activites (LSRW) daily and increasing my pfofessional skills. Apart from that I have been greatly benefitted by the online training provided in the mean time.
Thank you

Comments